Thursday, May 13, 2010

language and...

Why is that we .... because we can't speak perfect....
That we must be....
And why do others demand that....is a must in order to....
Why?
Isn't it better if we....non-native....speakers that to....is to....



A few students cried because they didn't pass my class, but in the end the tears turned to gentle laughter behind smiles. I pose the question: can you image if I were trying to learn your language in which there is no present, past, or future tense?

I refuse to set....up to....no can do.

3 comments:

ArtSparker said...

I admire immigrants so much, because it takes an exceptional person to not give in to the status quo, to get up and leave for an uncertain future. But mastery of language is very empowering, to use a California word, and opens up a lot of possibilities.

grrl + dog said...

English is such a hard language...

I am sure you made them feel ok after...

youhana said...

Nice