Tuesday, May 12, 2009

lazy-good inspired

...
Inspired by all the amazing artists I have met blogging...I find myself drawn even closer to art--old and new--I found these pics I took of a book from my personal library. I gave it away as a gift last year. These were a few works of many that were so moving to me.
This one is my favorite. Reminds me of Bacchus. Could be.
Gera has family that look like this guy. So beautiful. The tone in skin and eyes, the frown...wow.
I should have copied the names and respective art titles; my 44 year old eyes strain to see the text. If you know the artists, titles...let us in on them.
Gera is working on something I don't have a clue what it will be, but I'm excited. Hopefully, he'll let me post it when it's completed.

Without artists, the universe would be a blank void....a spinning in nothing...

5 comments:

willow said...

The next to the last is by William Blake. Beautiful book.

ArtSparker said...

The top one must be Rubens, as there is a reference to him - looks almost like a Goya. Botticellli's birth of Venus is the bottom one. The one of the Roman guy in a toga is I think from an actual old Roman mural, so probably unknown artist.

Wildeve said...

Beautiful pages.
I have given you the One Lovely Blog Award to introduce my readers to your blog. Come to my blog
http://wildeve-musings.blogspot.com/
to claim it, (save pic and post to your own blog)and pass it on if you would like. Award protocol is new to me, so feel free to handle this as you see fit.

Polly said...

This does sound like a fascinating book. I also think the next to the last is Blake.

You know I've been feeling drawn to art even more since I sumbled upon so many arty blogs as well... that's the beauty of blogs!

The Clever Pup said...

I'm supposed to be reading this. My husband has recommended it and raves about it.

Thanks for the comments over at my site!