Sunday, May 24, 2009

an angel for your upcoming June

...

well, guys...next month my daughter would have been 27 years old...part of the beauty in celebrating her life is having to juggle between my 14 years of experiencing her against my having to imagine what she would be like today...

i still haven't been able to get my California family to take then send me pictures of her gravesite...(but i've only asked once)... my family there is busy with their own lives...hopefully Gera and i can travel back by end of year or early next Spring...if not, i do understand, too well, that she's with me every day...gravesites are beautiful markers, but the spirit is even more a remarkable experience...

she's buried in a tiny little, pretty little, private little cemetery in Fair Oaks, California. if you're visiting Fair Oaks any time soon...and have a fondness for cemeteries, it's located down Winding Way at the corners of New York Avenue and Olive Street...

her epitaph reads: 'and heaven smiled again'

also:

for June...I'm thinking of my next Prolific Blog of the Month award pick...it's 'hard' :* to choose one, but thank goodness there are months to come....

hope your weekend is full of deluxe...we're hibernating (Gera is busy in his workshop and i'm lost in reading)....it's 80 degree weather and yet yet yet more warm rains...

and finally:

Happy Memorial Day to my two Dads who both served in the Vietnam War (the one living and the one deceased--you are both equally 'me')...and to *all* dads, brothers, sons, and women around the world who have served and who serve their countries...in honesty, i hope someday Memorial Day will cease to exist...wouldn't that be something?

13 comments:

PeacefulWmn9 said...

A beautiful tribute. Those who've gone before me are very much on my mind, too.

Karen

ArtSparker said...

I can't imagine the magnitude of your loss. No plans to be in Sacramento at this point, but I will let you know if I do. I hope you have a peaceful day.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

deep, deep hugs.... it is a horrible thing that you have had to go through, the loss of a child is the cruelest of all losses....

what a beautiful epitaph....

I think I have a friend who is currently visiting sacramento (according to artsparker that sounds as if that is where fair oaks is) I'll see if julien is will to take an excursion. let's cross our fingers. I know he is fond of cemeteries.... in fact it was a photo of his of a cemetery in paris that brought us together as friends!

lovely post this complex of holidays....

Found art blog said...

Bless you. I hope you get your visit, and take the photos yourself.

Hugs.

rosedale's 4 head said...

@Found Art: Me too!

grrl+dog said...

I do enjoy cemeteries, reading and pondering who is there, who comes to see them and the transiece of ourlives...

rosedale's 4 head said...

@grrl: my great Auntie tells me of times when she and my grandma (my Big--my heart) ran through country graveyards in Crockett Texas, picking onion flowers...i still try to see this...i'm curious in what they used to talk about afterwards...but as close as i am to my gr. Auntie...i have to wait til she talks...

Wildeve said...

So much is new here since my last visit! Such a lovely post, and a beautiful angel.
I visited my sister's grave this past weekend, and took pictures.
I think you need to go yourself. You and Gera.
"part of the beauty in celebrating her life is having to juggle between my 14 years of experiencing her against my having to imagine what she would be like today..."

I know what you mean.
And I'm sure my mother wonders about this too.

Ever since I saw the movie Elizabethtown- I think a road trip might be the perfect way to grieve. A meaningful roadtrip, with a soundtrack.

If directions to a place could ever sound loving, yours to the cemetery do...

Hugs

rosedale's 4 head said...

@wildeve: thanks for sincerity...the truth is..too..my gr. grandma (Dear) made me promise in her last days of living on this earth at 92 yrs old, in 2003, made me promise to bring Jenn to our native home: Texas and bury nearby...but i decided to leave her in California where she really grew up most and developed friends, and even teachers who adored her...where she was just beginning to think about a boy's kiss against her face--she talked to me about it first---oh the memories---but they are so rich and good...it's unimaginable...

you are right...going myself is better...and i will...but i like knowing that she's in a place where people loved her equally and even more...my step mom has a house just down the road and i know she keeps a watchful eye...(my other artist sin photography)...

thank you for your heartfelt words...you give me goose bumps...

j. said...

it always makes me sad to see or hear of somebody who deserves so much to lose what they love.
i am quite sorry for your loss.
although words don't help much, i hope it is some small consolation just the same.

i hope you get some of the happiness you deserve.
-j.

rosedale's 4 head said...

@j.: thanks. i get it everyday...i was a good mom and never gave up...that's my innermost consolation...and your words thoughts, all gives me joy to know that someone in a small big way shares my loss...thank you

Wildeve said...

I'm glad you have such good memories. We never know how long we will have with the ones we love-
I know you will get there- when the time is right. Meanwhile, maybe someone can get over there and take a photo.

Jessicambay said...

I'm sorry if I was the one you asked, I don't remember it... I'll be there this weekend and get some pics to send you.

I can't believe she would have been 27 this month. I had a good cry when we were in Monterey last week. Being there always reminds me of Jennifer and our dad.