Saturday, April 25, 2009

WTF? -- a celeb gab

. . .


ad·mi·ra·tion
Pronunciation: \ˌad-mə-ˈrā-shən\
Function: noun
Date: 15th century
1archaic : wonder
2: an object of esteem
3: delighted or astonished approbation

Admiration is what I used to have for Beyoncé. I even named myself, Flawsnall, from one of my favorite songs by her. But, the skim over my eyes and admiration lifted quickly as of yesterday when I learned that she wears a $5 million dollar ring...no envy here folks, trust me, if I had $5 million, I certainly would not sport it in one setting (no puns). It's a skillet, but seriously...$5 million for one ring? What's the point, the statement? Is that where the core of her and JZ's love resides...behind a rocket-sized diamond? Gera makes me furniture, from scratch, hecho de mano (handmade) when he wants to show me a little material heartwork...again, no envy here...only grand disbelief...and no worries, I'm so clear there's the difference: celeb life vs. a teacher and carpenter's life...and in all honesty, Jesus was all three of these roles...but...wow...

Unless something changes and she decides to donate the boulder to a worthy cause, my respect for the want-to-be "legend" slash "icon" as she put it one time on the Larry King show ... is so way gone. I just don't see how she could wear something like that, today, in2009, worth that much money when there are so many children in the world, today in2009, who are starving to death or need love or, today in2009, need severe unaffordable medical attention.

Maybe this is why Angelina Jolie has always been an interest to me...over all...she's a real class act if there ever was one...

I might have to change my blog profile name...thinking about it...

12 comments:

Tessa said...

Shudder.

ArtSparker said...

Well, sometimes you just have to admire someone's talent without admiring them as a person .

flawsnall said...

@Tessa: I visited your blog; it is incredible...i will never understand why a fortunate celeb like Beyonce cannot use her status and fortunes to help those around the world in dire need...i stunted...

@ArtSparker: You are right, but it's so difficult in this case...so so so difficult...the whole package is just not the same...

Rachelle T. said...

I agree, think of how many children, animals that could feed.
So sad that we live in a world today where the majority of people only care about material possessions.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

what a waste....

a saying from 'my youth' sticks with me 'the personal is political' when I run across bits like this, I do have to shake my perplexed head and wonder.

I could totally understand if you changed your blog nom de plume!

I'm wrapping up my texas tour, I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it out to the flea market, way too much going on during the few days I was in fw. spent most most of my wandering south of here....but I'll be back and perhaps next time!

by the way, I think you are a class act!

Polly said...

I always wondered about your name... now I know, just in time for you to change it:-)

You're right about that ring. And in this picture it doesn't even look like an expensive ring, I'd say it's too big to be real but what do I know about diamonds.

And I agree with ArtSparker, very good point!

flawsnall said...

@Rachelle T: my 81 yr old great aunt's motto is "you ain't neva seen no u-haul follow'in behind a hearse now have ya?"

@kimy: wish we could have connected...but i so understand...it's nice to be busy with the 'fun stuff'--i'll see you though...eventually

i hope you snapped some good pics

@Polly: i'm thinking of a name change...haven't had time because of students rounding out the semester and babysitting nieces and one little cute 2 mo. old nephew...but i will come up with something...

p.s. halle berry just auctioned a bracelet she owned to help battered women---that's how you do it!

flawsnall said...

@Polly: oh, and ArtSparker is a muse in disguise...but you probably already knew this...

j. said...

so many better ways to spend five million....

i think it is rather sad when somebody one admires disappoints you. i suppose, with human nature and all, it's basically inevitable. but sad nonetheless.
however, i hope you are still able to appreciate what you admired in her before this incident.




your blog keeps getting lovelier dear.
-j.

rosedale's 4 head said...

@j. it's pretty tough. but i like your words: "however, i hope you are still able to appreciate what you admired in her before this incident"--they are similar to what ArtSparker said. we'll see what happens, maybe she will trade the ring in for enough food/assistance to help women and children in Darfur or for medical needs of the injured babies in Gaza or...

i doubt it but we'll see

Anonymous said...

That's great. If you like eating out, these are some great gift cards for McDonald's and Burger King.
I tried them and they really work.




McDonald's vs. Burger King $250 Gift Card




Free McDonald's vs. Burger King $250 Gift Card!

Anonymous said...

This is hot if you like eating fast food sometimes. Although I don't recommend eating out a lot but you can still
share them with family members and friends. You can get some free coupons for McDonalds and
Burger King.








[url=http://www.mb01.com/lnk.asp?o=2588&c=918271&a=25678]Eat for Free at McDonalds and Burger King[/url]