Thursday, April 23, 2009

prolific blog for 09May

What is color supposed to do?


Pretend
...
I've met some interesting, unique, talented people via blogging. And I've found myself immersed in a company of artists more so than the genre I passion: writing, literature, blogs like lilaphase that take everyday, ordinary events in life and make them fodder for all. So I decided to recognize my own favs. I'm launching my own "prolific blog" of a month.

I have to start with a serious bang...my first pick is Ojalá, Selah, Lateda. This artwork gives me chills. I've never seen color so braided, so taken advantage of, and used for what color means, pushed to unforgettable limits, and mythical like...Jennifer Long de Herrera's hand. She does something with eyes so captivating that every subject feels like, to me, a very very old soul...alive. Color is elaborate, but so precise, detailed, taken with care. Her work is definitely her DNA.

These are some of my favorite pieces of her work. The work titled Opinion leaves me near devastated because it's so profound...then I waver and sometimes pick another and then go back to Opinion. I finally settled---it's so difficult to choose one---really I can't.

For sure, the work titled Late will be me as of June 3 when graduate classes begin....it will be an inspiration.


Opinion
Similar
Clandestine Truth
Resolve
Contained
Intricate
Late

Check out her Etsy store here: WOW! and the best of a happy weekend!

8 comments:

j. said...

colour is so wonderful.
especially when used in unexpected ways.

i am excited to see more of her stuff and to see what other great finds you'll be sharing each month!

-j.

lilaphase said...

That art is beautiful and amazing - thanks for sharing. I look forward to discovering your other finds. And - thanks for the shout-out!

By the way, I am ~ 1/4 of the way through
'Reading Lolita in Tehran' and enjoying it immensely.

willow said...

Tres cool! I especially like the first one. wow.

Nabeel said...

Love the color combination in the 'opinion' picture. very creative. Liked the big eyes as well.

get zapped said...

Remarkable work! I'm still trying to digest it all....

Wildeve said...

Very interesting and colorful work. I really like it. Thanks for introducing it to us!

Anonymous said...

I keep listening to the news speak about getting free online grant applications so I have been looking around for the best site to get one.

fuikhvgjkguug said...

a片手機看到飽
a片免費看看到飽
做愛a片直播網
a片下載網路電視
日本a片直播線上看
av女優手機看到飽
色情手機看到飽
18成人網站手機看到飽
視訊聊天室手機看到飽
情趣用品手機看到飽
a漫h漫手機看到飽
色情性愛光碟手機看到飽
sex手機看到飽
做愛手機看到飽
成人影城手機看到飽
情色貼圖手機看到飽
情色手機看到飽
色情網站手機看到飽
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.