Saturday, April 11, 2009

hot off the press

Alas, my very own--HOT OFF THE PRESS--copy of my friend, Shawna Yang Ryan's book. Water Ghosts hit the stores this month and is already causing a mighty stir. Check it out When I first opened my package (all smiles), I took out Water Ghosts ...instinctively, I could not help but smell it, open it, stare at it, rub it, hug it, kiss it, and re-read some of my favorite passages. Even the jacket tells part of the story and is so very well done. I'm so looking forward to starting from the beginning, again, to the end. I have so much pride!

Then, later that night, I discovered someone had moved my book. It was where I had left it, but not in the position I placed it. So, I stepped out of the room for a minute, peeked in through an archway Gera built--it leads into the room, but sometimes we cover it with a sheer curtain. Lo and behold, there was a presence there either trying to steal my book or communicate with the ghosts in it. When I pulled the curtain...it fled.

Water Ghosts is just that good!

7 comments:

lilaphase said...

More with the ghosts!

After your rave review, I guess I have to read that book! I hope it doesn't scare me.

flawsnall said...

It won't scare you; it will entertain your socks off...it's so beautifully written, lyrical in fact, intelligent and a downright good history lesson.

Nabeel said...

I love the mask that you have on your blog header. It is from the movie, "The Dark Knight" correct? I am a big fan of the joker and his crew and especially the first scene. May I ask where you got this mask from?

ArtSparker said...

Powerful fiction, evidently.

flawsnall said...

@Nabeel: The mask doesn't belong to me. I caught my eye in a local thirft store. You might be right about it being from the movie. Although, when I finally did see The Dark Knight, I could only focus on one of my many actor heart throbs: Ledger.

Thanks for your visit. Stop by again!

flawsnall said...

@ArtSparker: It is a pretty powerful work. Hope you have a chance to read it too. She's your neighboring local. A Bay Sister...

BTW, ArtSparker, you are on a serious creative roll...wow!

lettuce said...

i smell books too