Friday, March 13, 2009

replacement therapy--nah!

...



Okay the fact that I can't have a baby except through IVF, and we're too poor to afford it, is old news. And one might say that I'm looking for something to replace that void. None true.

Today brings the best news ever! I was accepted to graduate school at University of Texas, Arlington to the MA program for---OF COURSE---literature. I just received my official congrats letter today. Starting with two courses in Shakespeare this summer (early start)--and I'm already looking forward to what's next for Fall. My second best job in the world, the public library, may have to be the unfortunate sacrifice, but this is not yet certain.

I've been accepted before at University of South Carolina, (candidate for a fellowship even), but this brings a better thrill because it sort of begins what I've wanted to do for so long---get in the classroom, teaching credit courses. The timing is perfect.

Life is good, even in this economy craze crisis! Life is still pretty damn good! And because I can't record my own happy dance, I posted the above-piece from blogger alovelything.

Congratulations to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

7 comments:

Angella Lister said...

Congratulations! I'll just imagine your happy dance. Beautiful pic.

lilaphase said...

Congratulations!

The importance of good teachers, passionate about their subject matter, is sooooooooo underrated. Your passion will inspire many - what a blessing for those you will touch.

Polly said...

Hi! And congratulations! Sounds like a very interesting course and sounds like you'll love it.

I did English Lit as one of my undergrad degrees and I absolutely loved it. And I like your blog because you also write about literature.

Polly

ArtSparker said...

Wonderful - Congratualtions on your new journey.

Maybe we'll see some Shakespeare-related posts here?

Wildeve said...

I'm very happy for you! Congratulations!

j. said...

i am really happy to hear that!

congratulations and the best of luck!

mouse (aka kimy) said...

congrats.....happy dance here for you!!