Sunday, February 8, 2009

missed connections...a good look back

...




I decided to post some of my favorite past posts. Also, this will give me time to be a better employee, focus on my students at the college and my patrons at the library. I do, of course become **HELLA GROUCHY** when my blog time is taken.

I hope you guys vote on which of these posts is most stellar (I feel that they all are). I'd would love to hear what you think and be candid in your comments--I won't accept anything of a lesser degree. My favorite, Crevices Make, is the one of my daughter, in black. I took this picture in the early 90s. We were on our way to church. I wrote the poem after the aftermath, when I was trying to gain an understanding of this kind of loss and how my body relates to something that gives life, something that is capable of producing a life subject to the inevitability of death. The poem was published, but this didn't have great meaning for me other than a great hope that someone could relate or understand my turmoil. After her loss, I literally wrote myself back to health. I had to.

But...

Keep in mind many of these posts are full of cheer and have a big dose of happy-crazy!

I hope you enjoy them. Be back real soon...with some other, spontaneous, hopefully interesting stuff.

(ArtSpark, I don't know why...but your cat looking away from your audience inspired this post...a necessity, a hunger to remember.)


helen in dunbar

bed lessons bed built

from Eather's estate

what's on my dresser

gems in a library sombrero & folklore

letter and a cartoon from an artist

random quote sighting

i wasn't playing

a trend?

follow up things to do letters from a seamstress

living the rural what's a neighbor to do

from eather's estate

uneventful weekend

follow up things to do

remembering my two daddies

soy una pulga

sad songsters

for sale

she looks like everyone

magic and crab

the robe

dear and holidays

letting go or not

auntie quote auntie image

surrounded by artists

blueberries and churches

crevices make

in his head

rebellious women

taming wood

from ruffles to pink curlers

when i was blond

mou'dia

staten-1911

hair suicide

res novae

on home and auntie

9 comments:

ArtSparker said...

Love the photo, I see a relation to the cat in that. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to lose your lovely daughter.

Probably I will read one of your posts every day, as opposed to one fell swoop.

Have you read The Elegance of the Hedgehog? You might like it.

j. said...

i'm going to do what artspark said she would:
read one a day.
something to look forward to : )

and i love what you said about my one photograph, i couldn't agree more that old buildings are like tangible souls.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

nice to catch up on posts that predate my discovery of the soaring pencil....

thanks....

flower girl said...

Hi!just found ur blog and I really like it!

lilaphase said...

I'm slowly working my way through.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter. My best friend lost her newborn son. I don't think there is ever any getting over the loss of a child.

Thanks for the list of posts!

mouse (aka kimy) said...

my sister in law gave us a copy of the tcu press book entitled "fort worth:outpost on the trinity" for xmas. we already have a copy of it and are looking for a good home. I thought of of you and if you don't already have a copy email me your snail mail address and I'll send it off! I can't imagine any used bookstore (although the book is NEW) in cleveland being interested and anyhow it would be better to go to live with a friend. my email address is kyanoshik at gmail

namaste! kim

notmassproduced said...

are you really making us choose?!! I haven't read them all yet but already I can't decide. i love the what's on your dresser post and the hair posts. The way you write about your daughter is so poignant, brave and brilliant. you have such talent.

notmassproduced said...

no - i definately couldn't choose - I just read the letters from a seamstress post and the letters to you from 'big'. I'm not going to choose between these works of art. You are a brilliant writer.

Wildeve said...

I am working my way through these posts, they are amazing and brave and touchingly beautiful. Some I have read before, some are new to me.

Losing your daughter has got to be the hardest thing imaginable.