Sunday, January 25, 2009

consume the short moments



...today is sunday. coffee fried eggs a spoonful of chorizo salsa verde refried beans a little mayonnaise on warmed tortillas blueberry juice...i am writing a little before heading into work at the library. gera is lost in his workshop early before heading to sell at the flea market. the morning is sunlessly warm. i am thinking about the pine trees in crockett, texas and the way old people used to catch hummingbirds: douse the suckles with liquor. it must have felt like catching god in their hands.

5 comments:

Wildeve said...

Wow. I had no idea one could catch a hummingbird that way.. I really love your writing. I especially love "It must have felt like catching God in your hand". Indeed. I am new to your blog and just thought I'd say hi.
Cindy

Avid Reader said...

very nice descriptions. douse the suckles...God in your hand...

Angella Lister said...

Beautiful! You are such a poet. Love your blog title too. I have a link to your blog on mine. Check it out if you have a moment. 37paddington.blogspot.com

Jessicambay said...

Hummingbirds always make me think of Jennifer, such a nice reminder to have.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

lovely word weaving....