Friday, October 17, 2008

luis miguel


After work last night, Gerardo swept me away to a Luis Miguel concert in Dallas. I changed in the van from long brown skirt to tanned fitted pants, purple shirt to black T with dropping V. I'm sure I smelled like library. So worth it though and we had no time to waste. Didn't shower until the next morning before going to work at the college. But---talk about a powerful voice in the history of 'many histories' of song and music. On some of the faster tunes, he literally did a Chuck Berry across the stage--with his own twist to it. I am particularly fond of his ballads. You feel his love to serve with his voice. His presence just takes you completely away--he sings with such strength and passion and he makes it seem so simple and easy. Too amazing. Wow! Wow! Wow!

No comments: