Friday, September 21, 2007

love what ya do













When Gera told me that one of his clients wanted a new set of cabinets for the---entire---kitchen, I fell silent. And again, we were off to HD for more scratch, plain, flat boards and boards and boards of virgin wood. I could only picture cabinets pre-built, ready-made, like packaged seasoned meat, or salad. Easy. Just open, just install. But no, the couple really wanted to have the cabinets custom made! Handles (handmade from stainless steel bars, cut and sized), hinges, drawers, draw rollers (I don’t really know what they are called). Door edges were later designed with a special bit as these were the trial pics. It took him one month, not including installation, staining... The husband is a tile expert so he did the countertops. This project was extreme, and oh so challenging (for me to observe of course).

....and I complain about having to choose adjectives carefully....

2 comments:

Shawna Yang Ryan said...

i want to see more pics of your house!!

jenn's mama said...

I'll send you some via email. It's nothing to write home about, but again, it's our little country haven. Most of the time, we like. Maybe after we finish building, remodeling, repairing, we can take a vacation. As it stands, Home Depot owns us. Thanks for the comment.